Monday, October 26, 2009

Blog 9: Response to Belkin's essay

In Lisa Belkin's essay she mentions two paths women can take while juggling a career and parenthood. The first one she mentions is that when a women has a child, she can rearrange her career and take on the responsibility of being a full time mother. The second one Lisa talks about is when a woman has a child, but decides to juggle the two and keep her job and continues to work for her company, this decision will forced her to place her child in a day care facility. When I was younger my mom was a single mom, working an OK job. My dad paid child support, so that help so much in meeting me and my siblings needs. She worked full time, she put us in day care for about a month and then took us out because we hated it! My aunt or one of my moms friends would pick us up from school and keep us until my mom would get off of work. She did what she had to do and it all worked out. I think my mom did the right thing listening to us and taking us out of daycare, she could have left us in their because it was easier than finding someone to watch us everyday after school. In my last blog assignment I budgeted how much money I would get in food stamps and daycare allotment. I had a 62$ co payment for daycare, a $485.00 food stamp allotment and WIC (nutrition Program) allotment that would take care of meals for me and my family. With the allotments I am given and my 2 oldest kids on a special meal plan at school, I feel like my kids will be getting very nutritious and appetizing meals at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment