Saturday, August 29, 2009

Introduction Blog 1

My name is Veronica Cantu and I am from a small town called Chouteau, Oklahoma; it is about about 30 min East of Tulsa. I am a Nursing major here at OU. I have a twin sister named Vanessa and another older brother and sister. I am Hispanic but you would not know that by looking at me. I'm a natural redhead and I have the attitude that goes along with it. I am sometimes shy in class until i get to know everyone. I chose to take this class because Vanessa (my twin) would not stop talking about how great it was all last semester. She loved all the topics and issues they would talk about in class. She loved how comfortable it was for everyone to speak their mind in class, and not to mention how awesome her T.A. Yaisa Mann was,so I had to just try this class out for myself.

  • Will my opinion about gender roles change when I get married?
  • I know this isn't a body image class but, will i ever fill comfortable in my curvaceous Latina skin?
  • I am not a radical feminist, I do believe that there are some things God intended Men to do in this world, am I crazy for thinking this way?
  • How do I handle a gender issue in a professional way in the work place?
  • Will I learn to empower other women in a positive way by taking this class?

No comments:

Post a Comment